Pinnacle is the own brand of British bicycle retailer Evans Cycles. Started in 2006, Pinnacle is now a well-established manufacturer of urban, hybrid and cyclocross bicycles.
Their touring bike, the Dacite 1, seems a quite nice and versatile bicycle for travel. An aggressive geometry with the sloped top-tube, a wide rande of gear, plenty of eyelets, and mechanical disk brakes.
It comes equipped with Tubus rear rack and a mid-range drive train. The components are one step behind the Fuji but its design is captivating and offers a comfortable riding even on rough terrains.
Nice choice for a mid-range tourer capable of round-the-world bicycle travel
Pinnacle Dacite – Features
- Frame: Seamless heat treated double butted Cr-Mo
- Fork: Cr-Mo blade and 1 1/8 steerer w/2 x bottle cage eyelets
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Altus M371 dual pull, 28.6mm band on
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Acera M3000 9 Speed
- Shifters: Sunrace R96 Indexed Bar End
- Chain set: Shimano T3010 44/32/22T, S – 165mm, M/L – 170mm, XL – 175mm
- Brakeset: Tektro Spyre mechanical discs w/160mm rotors
- Handlebars: Pinnacle 6061 alloy adventure road bar, 130mm drop, 8 degree flare
- Rims: Alex Volar 2.1 700c, 32H
- Hubs: Shimano M525 QR, 6 Bolt, 32H
- Tyres: Schwalbe Marathon Mondial DD 700 x 35c
- Saddle: Pinnacle race mens
- Accessories: SKS Longboard mudguards and Tubus Logo Classsic Rack (26kg Load Capacity)
- Extra Features: Front rack compatible, Tubus Tara is our recommendation
- Weight: 13.9kg Including Mudguards & Rack
Looking for a Travel Bike? Check these!