The Genesis Smithfield 2017 urban commuter has a classic steel look, split top tube and internal Shimano Nexus/Alfine gearing, the lines are clean, but purposeful. Designed for year-round urban riding, the Genesis Smithfield comes equipped with full-length mud guards so that the city muck stays where it belongs.
Powerful disc brakes make stopping a breeze, no matter what the weather. A lightweight Shimano Nexus internal hub gives you a full range of gears so you can deal with traffic, hills and pottering along at your leisure. Thanks to the rack that comes as standard, plenty of mount-points, stable geometry, and relaxed riding position the Genesis Smithfield will allow you to rely on it even for a few-months-long trip.
The Genesis Smithfield is a reliable commuter bike that will double just great as a light tourer along the European cycling paths.
Genesis Smithfield – Specifications
- Frame: Genesis Mjölnir Seamless Double-Butted Cromoly
- Fork: Cr-Mo Unicrown Disc
- Headset: Prestine PT-1606 1-1/8″ semi cartridge
- Shifters: Shimano Alfine SL-S503 / 8 speed RH
- Chainset: Samox AF22 / 40T / S, 165mm / M-XL 170mm
- Cassette: Shimano SM-GEAR 20T freewheel
- Rims: Jalco XCD22 / 32h
- Hubs: Joytech D041DSE/Shimano Nexus SG-C6001-8speed 32h / front / rear / centre lock
- Spokes: Steel 14g
- Tyres: Kenda Kwest 700x35c 30TPI w/gumwall
- Brakes: Shimano BR-TX805 mechanical brakes w/ Shimano SMRT20 160mm rotors
- Brake levers: Tektro CL-330A-RS
- Handlebars: Genesis alloy / 630mm width / 32mm rise / 46deg backsweep
- Stem: Genesis AS-007 / + 12deg / 70mm
- Pedals: NW-91K
- Extras: Commuter mudguards and pannier rack
- Weight: 14.54 kg