Born thanks to the skill of Michele Massa, at his workshop Pedalando, and technical support of the RaspiBo group, President 2.0 and Koga Leisure are the bikes that we are going to ride through Central Asia. Here is a little presentation, comments are welcome!
Disclosure: Some of our articles contain affiliate links. This comes at no additional cost for you and helps us keep this website up and running. (as Amazon Associates we earn commission from qualifying purchases)
The bicycle, in its “original” form, was given to me by Willem Scholte and comes from the now lost Kwikfiets. The work was not easy but in the end, we succeeded.
It was necessary to resort to the great inventiveness of Michele to solve some problems such as the lack of an attachment point on the frame for the shifter cable, and the mounting hole for the rear brake.
- Frame: Royal North President – the early 30s.
- Front-wheel: 26 ” Royal North original, Sturmey Archer hub dynamo DynoHub GH12.
- Rear-wheel and gears: Sachs 3×7, AirlineOne 26″ rim.
- Seat: original leather, restored by Simone Yee.
- Tires: Marathon Plus Tour 26x 1 3/8.
- Rack: Crosso
- Brakes: front CLB racers, rear Bianchi.
- Accessories: Extrawheel trailer, Spinaci Cinelli.
The electronics is developed by the guys of the informal group RaspiBo.
Through a rectifier circuit and a voltage regulator, the DynoHub is now able to provide electricity through a USB port, further details on the operation of this circuit will be available soon on the Cycloscope wiki and in this post.
Even this frame was donated by Willem, along with the Shimano Nexus 8 (eight gears internal into the hub).
- Frame: Koga Miyata Laisure Lady
- Front Wheel: 28″ Shimano Deore
- Rear wheel and gear: Shimano Nexus 8, 28″ Ambrosio rim
- Handlebar and pipe: Benotto
- Tires: Marathon Plus Tour 28 700x35c
- Rack: Crosso
- Brakes: front Shimano Forward cantilever, rear V-brake
- Accessories: Spinaci Cinelli