Last Updated on
Are You Going to Take Microsoft 70-743 Exam? You Found the Right Place!
In today’s time, it is becoming increasingly hard to catch up with the pace of the world. We can say that technological advancements are being introduced every day, and the brilliant minds behind them belong to the IT professionals.
This has created a competition within the IT sector, and if a person wants to make a breakthrough entrance in this sphere, he/she needs to possess a unique set of skills to stand out from the crowd.
The IT certifications can rescue you in the trap created by this competition. They not only equip you with theoretical knowledge but also prepare you to enter the industry with practical experience. After all, they demonstrate your competence.
Microsoft pushes you to make a name for yourself through arranging such certifications and providing you with the necessary materials to prepare.
That is one hefty introduction, and by now, you may feel that familiarizing yourself with what the 70-743test is about can be an arduous task. Nevertheless, we are here to make sure that you do not get overwhelmed.
This article will give you a ride through the exam overview and the several phases of preparation ensuring that you get the required information right here.
Disclaimer: this is a sponsored post
What is Microsoft 70-743?
The ExamSnap is the assessment for the individuals who want to upgrade their knowledge from MCSA: Windows Server 2008 or 2012 to MCSA: Windows Server 2016.
This test is designed to check the practical and theoretical abilities of the candidates that allow them to upgrade and keep up with the time.
In this certification test, the students are required to demonstrate their skills in configuring, installing, and implementing certain features and functionalities of Windows Server 2016.
Fortunately, Microsoft offers this exam in 8 different languages, including English, French, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Spanish, and German.
Besides the installation of Windows Server in the host and compute environments, the skill topics involve the implementation of the following: storage solutions, Hyper-V, IP address management, Windows containers, high availability, an advanced network infrastructure, Domain Name System, network connectivity and remote access solutions, AD DS, access solutions and identity federation.
All candidates over the age of 18 can sit for the Microsoft 70-743 exam. However, individuals with pre-existing knowledge, previous certifications, and experience in the field will find these factors to be beneficial during the preparation phase.
According to Microsoft, the students should have already got the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 R2 or the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 certification.
The 70-743 exam covers key aspects of storage, installation, networking, compute, and identity functionality available in Windows Server 2016.
The MCSA: Windows Server 2016certification validity is not restricted by time, i.e. it will be valid for a lifetime. Moreover, it is accepted all over the globe, and this means that you can acquire jobs with the help of this certificate anywhere in the world.
The first step after deciding to take the test is to go through the exam objectives thoroughly. Through this test, your skills will be measured in detail, and you must visit the Microsoft webpage to learn what you should concentrate on.
The 70-743 certification exam also measures the candidates’ ability to implement DNS, IP address management, network connectivity, remote access solutions, and advanced network infrastructure.
In addition to these topics and skills, your understanding of installation and configuration of Active Directory Domain Services and implementation of Identity Federation &access solutions is also tested.
Therefore, you need to have a strong grip over all these themes. Below is a list of some other important tips:
- Schedule your preparation. Make a weekly schedule and divide the topics in such a way that you will be able to cover them in the appropriate amount of time gaining both theoretical and practical knowledge.
- Study resources. Find the online preparation materials in the form of courses, textbooks, tutorials, exam dumps, and etc. Combine them and use only the reliable ones.
- Scoping the task. You must figure out the sequence of the topics to be covered along with the depth in which they must be studied.
- Practice what you learn. Just studying will not be of any good. You need to understand the type of questions that are expected from you in the exam and the ways to attempt them. The only possible way to do this is to practice with as many past tests as you can.
- Do not ignore your health. There is nothing more important than your health and well-being. The preparation may feel pressurizing at several times, but you must believe in your efforts. Eat, drink, and sleep well!
First, you can choose online courses and practice tests. Pay attention to the following ones:
- Microsoft: Microsoft offers a detailed course known as ‘20743A: Upgrading Skills to MCSA: Windows Server 2016.’
- Udemy: Udemy prepares you for the exam in a way to ensure your success. The course is titled as Server 2016 Exam Prep: 70-743 – Upgrading Your Skills to MSCA.
- Examsnap: Examsnap is a famous online platform that provides you with the preparation materials comprising of exam dumps, practice tests, and etc. Have a look and see if it suits you.
The study guide Microsoft recommends for this certification exam is based on Windows Server 2016 and is designed for the IT professionals. Microsoft also offers official practice tests for checking your own skills and knowledge before taking the actual 70–743 exam.
Microsoft 70-743 is important because if you don’t take this exam, your previous certificates will serve you no use. For a bright career in IT, these credentials come in handy, and we hope that this article has served you well!Stay in touch while we get lost! Follow us on Social Media